Nothing is more frightening than discovering that you have a pest infestation. Our homes are supposed to be a place where we feel safe and comfortable, so when we notice a sudden outbreak of harmful little critters running around, we may begin to panic. Luckily you don’t need to fret, because Atomic Pest Control is the #1 Pest & Termite Control in Phoenix and Mesa Arizona.
First, it’s crucial to know how we can prevent pest infestations from occurring. Some of these preventative measures you can follow to keep out pests include:
• Repair plumbing and don’t allow any water to gather anywhere in your house
• Keep food sealed in containers that are either plastic or glass
• Keep garbage in trash bins that are securely sealed and covered
• Take garbage out frequently
• Examine any boxes or packages you receive before you take them inside
• Avoid letting pet food and water sit out during the night
• Try not to clutter since that’s where bugs like to hide and breed
• Block off and cover any places where pests can get in and hide
It’s also important to know the warning signs of a potential pest infestation so that you can take the proper actions. Some of these signs include:
• Wiring or furniture that has been damaged
• A strange, unusual, or musky smell
• Weird noises
Once you’ve come to the realization that you have a pest infestation, you can try using pesticides yourself before getting help from pest control. If you choose to go this route, there are a few things to keep in mind that will help you use pesticides safely and correctly. Some safety precautions include:
• When applying pesticides, make sure to keep your children and pets far away from the areas your applying it.
• Make sure to read the instructions, labels, and safety warnings on the pesticide.
• If you can, try to only use products that don’t require any mixing.
• Prior to applying pesticides, make sure to fix the source of the problem.
• Only use pesticides that are safe and approved to use in homes.
If the preventative measures don’t work and you don’t feel safe getting rid of the infestation yourself, Atomic Pest Control will come to the rescue. Atomic Pest Control services include termite control, bee removal, bed bugs, pest control, scorpion control, bird control, vermin control, ant control, fleas, spider control, pantry pests, and weed control.