#1 Bee Removal Service
As the Valley’s leading pest control company for decades we have helped thousands of families and businesses remove unwanted pests from their home or business location, including bees. Contact us today for your FREE ESTIMATE!
Bee Removal Information
The honeybee was introduced from Europe and is the best known of our bees because of its value to our economy. Not only do they produce honey, but they also provide an estimated $20 billion annually from the pollination of cultivated crops in the United States. There is no such thing as a small hive when it comes to talking about honey bees; their hives usually contain as much as 10,000-50,000 bees and 20-80 pounds of honey.
- In Arizona, honeybees live year round, their size ranging from ½” to ¾”.
- Honey bees can be seen in a giant swarm migrating; or as few buzzing around structural buildings.
- A new honey bee swarm may consist up to 4,000 to 6,000 bees.
- The honeybee contains a distinctive structure on its hind legs called a “pollen basket,” which is somewhat of a ‘built-in container’ with attached hairs on the end used to carry pollen to back to their nests.
- Honeybees visit about 2 million flowers to make one pound of honey.
- Honeybees do have barbed stingers; if a person or animal gets stung, the bee will lose its stinger and die.