PACK RAT REMOVAL AND PREVENTION
As the Valley’s leading pest control company for decades, we have helped thousands of families and businesses remove unwanted pests from their home or business location, including rats. Contact us today for your FREE CONSULTATION!
RAT REMOVAL INFORMATION
Liquid black eyes, fluffy, grayish-brown, Big ears, and long tail; body is 6-9 inches long and its tail 5-9 inches long.
• In houses, pack rats are active nocturnally, searching for food and nest material.
• A peculiar characteristic is that if they find something they want, they will drop what they are currently carrying, for example a piece of cactus, and they will “trade” it for the new item.
• They are particularly fond of twigs, stones, dog poop, and shiny objects, leading to tales of rats swapping jewelry for a stone.
• Herbivores: Feed on nuts, seeds, fruit, and foliage
• There are approximately 22 species of packrats in the Southwest, including Arizona.
• Nests are often called “middens” and have been discovered clear back to the ice age.
• Packrats will make tapping noises with their feet when they are disturbed.
• Females produce 1-2 litters a year, with 2-6 pups in each litter.