Cockroaches inequivalently hold rank as the most annoying pest, but it is also one of the most common, at least in Phoenix. A single cockroach can lay as many as 200 eggs in a single month, so it is easy to understand how quickly infestations occur. Once inside the home, cockroaches make their way inside cabinets and other areas, destroying items, including food, along the way.
Getting rid of cockroaches in Phoenix, AZ is no easy feat. Once you suspect a problem with roaches, call an exterminator at once. The sooner you make the call, the better the treatment options. You can also enjoy a pest-free home much sooner if you call an exterminator at the first sign of trouble.
Over 50 different types of cockroaches live in the United States. Luckily, only five species live in Arizona. Those species are:
- American Cockroach: The American cockroach is one of the largest that infests a home. It measures from 35mm – 40mm in length. This cockroach is a red-brown color and can sometimes run!
- German Cockroach: The German cockroach is the most common type of cockroach found in Phoenix. This cockroach measures 12″ – 15″ in diameter and is noted by the two spots on its pronotum.
- Hissing Cockroach: This wingless cockroach is oval-shaped and brown in color. It can climb and scale smooth grass surfaces. The male hissing cockroach has large horns on the pronotum.
- Brown-Banded Cockroach: The brown-banded cockroach is the smallest cockroach species, measuring only about 10″ – 12″ in diameter. The cockroach has a black and yellow stripe down its back.
- Oriental Cockroach: The Oriental cockroach is the final species found in Phoenix. This cockroach measures 20 -25mm long and is a dark brown or black color.
Call an Phoenix pest exterminator like our team at Atomic Pest Control for cockroach pest control service no matter which type has infested your home. With a plethora of treatment choices, professionals easily and quickly rid the home of cockroaches.