The holidays are right around the corner, and it’s as good of time as any to start thinking about pest control. If you’ve seen an increase in the number of bees, scorpions or rodents that you’ve seen in or near your home in years past, it’s time to contact a professional. They’ll be able to advise you of what to do next to make the property safer and easier to treat by an exterminator.
Here are five steps to a pest-free home in time for the holidays:
- Locate the source of your pest problem. There are a many things that cause bugs and rodents to gather in a home. For example, if you have a wood pile outdoors, and it has become wet over time, there’s a good possibility it will be filled with termites. If you have open containers of food throughout your home, they entice rodents to come from outdoors where it is cold to the inside of your property where they can get warm and feast on the food you’ve left out for them.
- Do what you need to do to keep additional pests from coming in. Do necessary structural repairs to the foundation or roof of the home. Clean up the yard and remove branches, dump out pails and buckets that have filled with water, and remove any nests that you find and can get rid of safely. Store food in plastic or glass jars so mice can get to it and eat through the cardboard or plastic packaging.
- Contact an exterminator for a quote. This lets you know how much the service will cost you. If you didn’t budget enough money for the expense, you’ll need to come up with another way to pay for the exterminator. It’s a problem you don’t want worsening.
- Set up an appointment with the pest control company of your choice. Have them take care of the pests for you. They’ll do their part to clean up after treating the property. After all, satisfaction is their main priority.
- Continue cleaning up after the exterminator is gone. If you find carcasses of pests, you’ll want to properly dispose of them and sanitize the area where they were found. This will help you get ready for your holiday guests quickest.
A pest-free home starts with you. By following the steps listed above, you’re able to identify the source of the problem you’re experiencing, come up with a temporary solution until an exterminator can come in, and eliminate the problem that you’re having right away. Your home will be ready for holiday guests before you know it once you’ve contacted Atomic Pest Control.